Johnson City Downtown Day Center
The Johnson City Downtown Day Center (JCDDC) is a safe place for homeless individuals to go during the day to receive essential services.
These services include: medical and mental health clinics, counseling, Substance Abuse and Trauma groups, case management, washer/dryer services, shower services, and a clothes closet.
The JCDDC is open to individuals, families, and youth over the age of 18 years old. Case Managers are on site daily to assist all clients with navigating the homeless services process in Johnson City. These services can include obtaining housing, employment, state ID/birth certificate and applying for SSI/SSDI. The Day Center is open Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm and the Day Center Clinic is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. The JCDDC is a satellite clinic of the Johnson City Community Health Center (JCCHC).
Day Center Essential Services
- Our address may be used in order to receive your mail here. You must pick up mail
once a week. Use address: 202 West Fairview Avenue Johnson City, TN 37601.
- Phone line available for client use. Local calls only.
- Street homeless patrons are allowed to do laundry Monday through Thursday 7:00am – 1:00 pm. (last load will go in at 1:00pm. On Friday laundry ends at 11:00 am. Two loads per client per week and wash soap is provided (street homeless only)
- Homeless patrons are allowed to use Monday through Friday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. Hygiene products, towels, and wash cloth provided.
- We have men and women’s clothing. Clients are allowed to go into clothes closet twice a month. Clothes are for street or shelter homeless only.
Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) Program Services:
- Provides outreach, assessment, service planning, and advocacy for needed social services
- Linkage to needed community resources, medical, behavioral health services, substance use treatment
- Transportation Program (Day Center Case Management clients only)
- Housing Placement
- SOAR assistance
- When: Every Tuesday at 2:30 pm
- A recovery group open to all who are considering or actively trying to be abstinent from any addictive behavior. This can be used alongside other addiction programs or by itself.
- No pre-registration needed; light snacks provided
- For more information , please call (423) 439-7371
Day Center Details
202 W. Fairview Ave
Johnson City, TN 37604
Phone: (423) 439-7371
Fax: (423) 232-0420
After-Hours Contact: (888) 915-7250
Hours of Operation
Day Center Hours of Operation
MON. 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
TUES. 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
WED. 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
THURS. 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
FRI. 7:00 am – 3:30 pm