- Services Provided
- Meet the Staff
- Make an Appointment
- FAQ and Myths
- Calendar of Events
- Self Help
- Helping Others
- Community Resources
- Alcohol & Drug
- THRIVE Suicide & Violence Prevention
- Student Affairs Home
- Contact Us
Presentations for Students. The Counseling Center Staff provides informational and educational programs about our services as well as programs on a wide variety of mental health topics. Some of the programs that we present are:
- Stress GPS (50 or 80 minute version)
- Stress Skills for Athletes
- Stress Management/Brief Alcohol Education
- Helping the Distressed Student (Student leaders)
- Suicide and Violence Prevention
- Alcohol 101
- Healthy Sexuality and Relationships Presentations
- Sober Sex (Sexual Assault and Alcohol Education)
- LBGTQ Awareness
- Friend Match
Possible Ways to Use Our Programs:
- To supplement a classroom lecture
- To fulfill residential life programming requirement
- To educate peers about high risk behaviors or mental health issues
- To raise awareness
Presentations for Faculty & Staff. We also offer a program that provides information on how to help a distressed student. This presentation can be arranged in a variety of formats, including academic departmental meetings, new faculty orientations, or a lunchtime seminar/workshop. To schedule this presentation email Rebecca Alexander directly, email@example.com
- Helping the Distressed Student (20-40 minutes)
1. Faculty and staff will learn how to guide students to support services at The Counseling Center as well as other University departments, including: BucsPress2, Let's Talk, Student Success Specialists, Ask-Listen-Refer, and other on-line self-help resources.
2. Faculty and staff will learn how to access and file a CARE REPORT on a student of concern.
3. Faculty and staff will learn how to seek their own consultation and support regarding distressed students.
4. Faculty and staff will provided Q & A time to address individual questions and concerns.
Another service we offer faculty and staff is our Don't Cancel that Class program. This allows instructors to schedule one of our student presentations in lieu of cancelling class during their absence. CLICK HERE for more information and to schedule.
Schedule a Presentation
Please contact our office or email our outreach coordinator:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of presentation requested
- Date and time for presentation
- Location of program
- Intended audience (include the expected number of participants)
- Purpose or goals of presentation
A 2-week notice for presentations is required.