Experiential Learning, Endless Opportunities
Your Foundation for Success
In the College of Arts and Sciences you will find opportunities to explore, create,
perform, write, research, travel, and gain experience through internships. You will
also acquire the skills – leadership and teamwork, written and oral communication,
critical thinking and problem solving – that employers are looking for now and which
you will take with you into the future.
Fall 2019 Dean's List
Interested in becoming a Student at ETSU?
Departments & Programs
Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences
I want to welcome you to the College of Arts and Sciences at ETSU. Our College offers 22 different majors ranging from Art to Anthropology, from Bluegrass to Biology, and from Communication Studies to Criminal Justice. These include over 60 different concentrations, and we complement them with over 50 minors. Read more...
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to support the eighteen academic departments, three Centers of Excellence, and three museums in their efforts to help students develop responsive intellects: minds attuned to the beauties, the demands, and the opportunities within our natural, social, and cultural worlds.
- Build a strong and diverse faculty.
- Maintain high quality undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Encourage interdisciplinary approaches to learning.
- Establish new graduate programs in appropriate areas.
- Expand faculty and student research and increase research collaborations within and beyond the college.
- Promote community involvement.
- Maximize cultural opportunities in the region.