- Virtual Recreation
- Membership Information & Services
- Campus Recreation Facilities
- Fitness & Wellness
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Clubs
- Working at Campus Rec
- Contact Us
Outdoor Facilites and Fields
ETSU Campus Recreation Outdoor Facilities include the following:
- Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course with Climbing, Rappelling, & Bouldering Tower
- Intramural and Sport Club field at the CPA
- Field Complex with 1 turf field, 1 grass field, & Field House
- University Woods Trail System
- 9 Hole Disc Golf Course
- 6 Tennis Courts
ETSU Disc Golf Course
The ETSU Disc Golf Course is a partnership between Campus Recreation, the Department of Housing and Residence Life and the Disc Golf Club at ETSU.
The Student Government Association generously provided funding for the Disc Golf Course through the BUC Fund.
A special thank you to all ETSU staff and students who were instrumental in the planning and completion of the Disc Golf Course.
It was dedicated February 8, 2012.
ETSU Students, Faculty, & Staff can check out a set of disc's from the BCPA Equipment Desk or from Buccaneer Ridge Clubhouse with a current ETSU ID.
The course is located at Southwest Avenue & Treasure Lane.
Content is under construction.
- Courts are open to ETSU students, faculty and staff.
- No private instructions or classes are allowed without written permission from the Department of Campus Recreation.
- Any other organized activities must be approved and scheduled by the Campus Recreation Assistant Director for Outdoor Facilities.
- Organized activity occurring on the Tennis Courts must be approved and supervised by the Department of Campus Recreation.
- For information on reserving court space go to www.etsu.edu/rec.
Hours Of Operation
The Campus Recreation Tennis Courts are open from dawn to 11:00 p.m.
Parking is available in lots 19 (next to the CPA) and 22A (across from Summers-Taylor Stadium). Handicap parking is available next to the courts
Tennis equipment is available for check-out at the CPA Equipment room
Tennis Court Lights
The three courts on the east end (left side) of the courts are available for open recreation play after sunset. The courts on the west end are available for reservation after sunset by intramurals, sport clubs, PHED classes, and registered student organizations.
To Activate the Tennis Court Lights:
Push the silver button to the left of the center gate. This will turn on the lights on the east end (left side) of the courts. Once turned on, the lights are on a 60-minute timer. The timer can be reset within the final 10 minutes of the program. The lights will automatically turn off at 11:00 p.m.
Tennis Club Practice Times
Campus Recreation sponsored club and intramural activities will take priority over other requests and other rec. Sport club practice times will be posted on the sport club website .
University Woods & Trail System
ETSU University Woods and Trail System is 5 mile stretch of hiking, running, and mountain biking trails on the ETSU campus. The trails can be accessed from parking lot 13 off of Southwest Avenue and from behind the Baptist Collegiate Ministry.
Click here for a map of Univesity Trail Systems.
Check out this coverage from WJHL local news of the Trail System on campus.
Watch this special edition of University Trails from our local news station WJHL:
Listed Below are guidelines for using the trail system:
- Fires and camping is not permitted.
- Closed from dusk till dawn.
- Motorized & gas-powered vehicles or equipment is not permitted.
- Be alert for other users on the trail.
- Please do not pick up any plants or animals.
- All other campus regulations and policies are still enforced.
- Practice the Leave No Trace ethic.
If you see any vandalism or inappropriate use, please contact Public Safety.
Public Safety numbers:
From cell phone:423-439-4480
Emergency Call Box @ parking lot 13
For more information or to volunteer for trail projects, please contact Campus Recreation at:
Fitness Path Usage Guidelines
- Users assume all liability while using the Fitness Path
- Pets must be on leash at all times
- Pets are not permitted on/within vicinity of Intramural/Athletic Fields
- Owners must clean up after their pets
- For emergencies, contact ETSU Public Safety at 423-439-4480 or use Emergency Phone