skip to main content columnskip to left navigation

Campus Recreation

Division of Student Life and Enrollment

Intramural Sports

Important Message

Intramurals is currently offering virtual programming. 
Please visit the At Home Recreation Page to see what programs are offered at this time. 

The Department of Campus Recreation offers its students and employees a comprehensive individual and team intramural program. Intramurals are structured recreational and competitive sports and activities for individuals in the ETSU community. These positive competitions and activities are held in league and tournament format. Previous athletic experience is not a prerequisite for intramural participation as we have opportunities for everyone.

Sunset IM

Intramural Tips

Currently enrolled ETSU Students, Faculty and Staff (w/ CPA access) are eligible to participate in intramurals. Spouse, Domestic Partner, and Dependent members are not eligible to participate. Participants must register for each sport prior to the specified deadline and present their valid ETSU ID card at the beginning of every game. Complete eligibility rules and policies are located in the Intramural Handbook.
In the Fall of 2008, ETSU was one of the first intramural programs in the country to transition to IMLeagues, a new online registration/scheduling system. IMLeagues is a website specifically designed for college intramural departments. A few of IMLeagues' features include online sign up and scheduling, customizable team and group pages, message boards, and much more. All intramural participants are required to create an account on Click here for more instructions on how to create your account and sign up for intramural events.
Games can be scheduled anytime between 4pm – 11pm Sunday – Thursday. When a team registers for a league, they get to select the time slots that they are available for and the Sport Programs office will work with other teams to create match ups that work for everyone. In smaller leagues and divisions, there may only be time slots to sign up for, but we try to offer a lot of flexibility for our larger leagues.
The intramural program is always looking for students interested in working as intramural officials or program assistants. We accept APS, Federal Work Study and Regular Work Study applicants. We also accept applications from students who do not fall into a work study category. We have many opportunities for student leadership and development, and offer students an opportunity to work in an inclusive environment. To apply, find our application on Handshake. For more information, and to help you streamline your application, please email us at








icon for left menu icon for right menu