Outdoor Adventure Climbing
Outdoor Adventure offers indoor climbing and bouldering at the CPA.
The Climbing Wall is Back!
Climbing wall reservations are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 5 pm and 6 pm.
- There are 7 Climbing Wall Reservations available for climbers to reserve.
- 4 rope/climbing routes reservations will be available from 5 - 5:45pm
- 3 rope/climbing routes reservations will be available from 6 - 6:45 pm.
- The wall will close 15 minutes after Climbing Wall Reservation has ended for proper sanitizing.
- All climbers must register in advance for a 45-minute time frame where they will be given a rope/climbing route.
- Climbing Wall Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Climbers can only register for one Climbing Wall Reservation per night.
- Climbers that are no longer able to attend their Climbing Reservation are expected to cancel their registration in advance through the portal. As capacity is limited, repeated failure to check-in for a Climbing Wall Reservations. Climbers who do not show up for their reservation may lose the rope/route.
- Walk-ins are not permitted at this time.
The following procedures apply to climbing wall operations for the Spring 2021 Semester
- Climbers will swipe in to the CPA using the ETSU ID, climbers will stop at the Sanitation desk to confirm yes or no to the Tennessee Pledge, sanitize hands and proceed to the Outdoor Adventure Center.
- Climber will check in with the Outdoor Adventure staff at the Outdoor Adventure Center located to the right of the CPA lobby.
- OA staff member will check climber in and provide them with proper safety gear.
- Once the climber has been properly checked in climber and staff will sanitize and go to designated rope/climbing route.
Policies of the Climbing Wall
- Properly fitted face coverings are required at all times.
- Bouldering and Sport Climbing are not permitted at this time.
- Climbers are restricted to the rope they reserved, switching ropes is not permitted.
- Hand sanitization is required before and after each climb.
- Only authorized CPA employees are permitted to belay.