Indoor Climbing Wall
Outdoor Adventure Offers Indoor Climbing and Bouldering at the CPA.
The Climbing Wall is Back! No reservation needed.
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Fall Schedule: Starts Monday, August 23
Monday – Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- The indoor wall includes seven lanes for top rope climbing, five lanes for lead sport climbing and bouldering up to 10 feet up the wall.
- Staff are available to belay or observe and check off participants with a belay test for both top rope and lead belaying, as well as lead climbing.
- To learn more about climbing, check the board at the OAC for top rope, lead sport climbing, and general climbing technique clinic times!
To Check In:
Those wanting to climb will swipe in to the CPA using their ETSU ID and Proceed to the Outdoor Adventure Center
OA Staff will check in each climber, verify a current waiver on file, and provide climbing equipment if needed. The OAC can provide a harness, helmet, and climbing shoes.
- Climbers must have their feet covered when on the climbing wall floor. This includes sitting or belaying. Climbers are not allowed to walk out of the climbing wall floor without shoes on. OA suggests slip-on shoes such as Crocs.
- Masks are highly recommended for those who are actively climbing on the wall. If not actively climbing on the wall, participants must wear a mask in accordance with CPA and University policy. Do not place masks on the floor when climbing.