- Reopening Information
- Virtual Recreation
- Membership Information & Services
- Campus Recreation Facilities
- Fitness & Wellness
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Clubs
- Working at Campus Rec
- Contact Us
The climbing wall will resume operations this fall more inforamtion will be posted soon.
Outdoor Adventure offers indoor climbing and bouldering at the CPA.
The following Climbing policies and procedures have been developed for the safe and enjoyable use of this facilities.
1. Minimum age requirement is 12 years. Under the age of 16 must be accompanied by
a parent or guardian.
2. All climbers must sign the site-specific waiver.
3. All climbers must swipe in by using their ETSU I.D.
4. Remove jewelry, empty pockets and use safety straps for glasses. Climbers with long hair must tie back hair when on the wall.
5. Authorized instructors must be present and attentive.
6. Closed face shoes are required. Climbing shoes, athletic shoes, tennis shoes and hiking boots are acceptable – no sandals!
7. No horseplay or unsafe conduct will be tolerated!
8. Proper care of equipment is a must. No stepping on ropes, dropping/tossing carabiners/belay devices, etc.
9. Proper climbing procedures and commands must be used.
10. Problems such as accidents, loose holds, and equipment damage must be reported to staff immediately.
For policies and procedures regarding personal harness use, bouldering, belay authorization, lead climbing, or helmet use please refer to staff members on duty.
Climbing at ETSU recognizes 3 levels for skills associated with climbing wall activities:
• 1st time climbers and climb only participants
• Indoor wall top rope belay
• Sport climb/belay on the indoor wall