- Membership Information & Services
- Facilities & Amenities
- Fitness & Wellness
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Clubs
- Non-Credit Instruction
- Contact Us
Outdoor Adventure offers indoor and outdoor climbing and bouldering facilities.
During inclement weather, the Outdoor Climbing Wall will be closed and the Indoor Climbing Wall will open instead. Climbing wall hours are subject to change due to inclement weather and other special programming.
To assure that the climbing wall is open, please call ahead at 423-439-7980.
Climbing facilities include the CPA Indoor Wall and the Outdoor Climbing Tower at the Basler Team Challenge & Aerial Adventure Course. The following Climbing policies and procedures have been developed for the safe and enjoyable use of these facilities.
1. Minimum age requirement is 12 years. Under the age of 16 must be accompanied by
a parent or guardian.
2. All climbers must sign the site-specific waiver.
3. All climbers must swipe in by using their ETSU I.D.
4. Remove jewelry, empty pockets and use safety straps for glasses. Climbers with long hair must tie back hair when on the wall.
5. Authorized instructors must be present and attentive.
6. Closed face shoes are required. Climbing shoes, athletic shoes, tennis shoes and hiking boots are acceptable – no sandals!
7. No horseplay or unsafe conduct will be tolerated!
8. Proper care of equipment is a must. No stepping on ropes, dropping/tossing carabiners/belay devices, etc.
9. Proper climbing procedures and commands must be used.
10. Problems such as accidents, loose holds, and equipment damage must be reported to staff immediately.
For policies and procedures regarding personal harness use, bouldering, belay authorization, lead climbing, or helmet use please refer to staff members on duty.
Climbing at ETSU recognizes 4 levels for skills associated with climbing wall activities:
• 1st time climbers and climb only participants
• Outdoor wall top rope belay
• Indoor wall top rope belay
• Sport climb/belay on the indoor wall only.
Interested in joining or learning more about the Climbing Club at ETSU? Click here for more information.
Indoor Climbing Wall
Monday - Thursday:
4pm - 7pm
Saturday - Sunday
Outdoor Climbing Wall
Closed until Fall